Enhancing Paralegal Services on Disability Rights in Southern Province.
Summary of Project:
The project is actively implemented in Livingstone, Kazungula and Zimba districts of Southern Province with partner organisations namely:
- Livingstone Network for Persons with Disabilities
- CBR Zambia Support Programme
- Kocebuka Community Foundation of Zimba
The project seeks to achieve the following results:
- Enhanced technical capacities – both in terms of legal knowledge and practice skills – of paralegals from DRW partner organisations in Southern province in successfully handling disability rights issues reported
- Improved record keeping system in place between the paralegals and DRW, including on case intakes, documentation and reporting system
- Increased motivation level of paralegals building on a supportive collaboration framework between DRW and its partner organisations.
The project is funded by GIZ through the PLEED programme under the Civil Society participation programme.