VACANCY: INTERN – FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Disability Rights Watch invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment as an intern in the DRW establishment for an initial 6 months.
- To manage the program funds and ensure compliance with organisational policies, donor and statutory requirements.
- To perform assigned tasks aimed at supporting management with budgeting, planning, controlling, monitoring and managing the accounting functions effectively and accurately, by ensuring preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and management reports and financial statements for management decision making in order to attain the institution’s goals.
- To provide adequate and timely financial and administrative advice to management and the Board.
- To keep safe custody of information related to financial / accounting matters and maintain a register of accountable documents.
- Record all income transactions on computer systems as appropriate.
- Receipt all income and ensure timely banking of receipts.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the organisation’s Accounts.
- Contact person for bank accounts and its administration.
- Review and implement financial accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Production and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to management and the Board Finance Committee.
- Payment of salaries and extracting of payroll related supporting schedules.
- Maintain salary advance and loan register.
- Prepare and submit statutory payments such as staff pension, NAPSA, ZRA etc
- Prepare monthly schedules accompanying trial balance used as supporting schedules for the external audit.
- Assist in the production of monthly, quarterly and annual accounts (specifically production of the analysed receipt cashbooks, ledgers, journal vouchers etc )
- Assist in the reconciliation of ledger accounts as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of gratuity schedules and passing of journals for interest
- Administer petty cash float, reimbursement forms and request additional petty cash as necessary.
- Prepare retirement forms and reconcile the imprest accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly income statements.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and ensuring all transactions relating to fixed assets are appropriately processed.
- To facilitate the timely and successful completion of audits.
- Implementation of human resources management procedures
- Attending to all administrative issues at the Secretariat and district offices
- Any other duties duly assigned by the Supervisor and management
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five credits and mathematics as one of the credits.
- Diploma / degree in Accounting or ACCA level 2 skills, CIMA managerial or CA application level
- Should be a team player with leadership skills, integrity, progressive and an effective communicator.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Good computation, arithmetic, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) paid up with current practicing certificate; and
- Conversant with accounting packages
Applications should be addressed to the Executive Director, Disability Rights Watch Plot 5078. Mfukwe Close, Burma Residential Area. Only email applications to email@example.com will be considered. The deadline for applications is midnight on Friday 31st January, 2020.